Monday, August 29, 2011

More than 1 month here!



Hey!! I'm so sorry! I told you that I was going to write before friday... and today it's monday!! :(
I'm going to tell you a little what I did this last weeks... :) (I always upload the photos in facebook).

Two weeks ago I went to make my Social Security card... So now I have it! :) It's a paper card.. not plastic! Haha. That day I went with my host mom to have lunch to a Spanish restaurant. It was not super delicious but was fine :). It's better than anything... Hahaha



The name of the restaurant is Esperpento. We ate Gambas al ajillo, morcilla, patatas con alioli y parrillada de verduras. It's good dont eat hamburguers sometimes... hahaha :P


I also went with Ann-Christin to the beach with the doggies! Was so COLD. Freezing!!!! When someone says BEACH the first things that you think are shorts, bikini, sun, hot... But not in San Francisco... Here is scarf, sweater, jeans and almost gloves!!!! But was nice to go to somewhere with car! I dont have car... and I really miss it. I want to DRIVE!!!!!! :(


(Here a pic in the "beach")

I also went to the Ferry Building (not to much to see...). It's the place from where the ferry to Sausalito and Larkspur departs. It's like a little place with some stores like restaurants, things for home, chocolates, ... (and a little more). It's not so interesting. So I don't have to much to explain about it..


(Ferry Building)

This week I went to my host dad office to meet the people there and know where he works. Was amazing to see all the skyscrapers from a 25 floor. I only can show you:
You can see all the fog. San Francisco in summer is the city of the FOG! :( Hahaha and because of that it's usually so cold...




The best part of the last week was that we went to a SF GIANTS game! (Baseball). I went with Stina, Birdy and Ann-Christin. I really didn't understand the game so much... but the food was awesome! Hahaha I ate a hot dog with ketchup, sour cream, honey mustard, soy, onion and pickles sauce and then Ann-Christin and I shared a pretzel and Garlic Fries (so yummy! :D:D:D:D). That day the Giants lost... (I think so! haha xD). Was a good time! SO COLD... I was wearing black and orange (SF Giants colors). I loved it. All the people, the environment, ALL! :D I want to go back again! :D I also wanna go to a football game but it's so expensive. The ticket for the baseball game was so cheap, only $10.



On friday we went to Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies. This is so famous in SF, I mean all the tourists know that! But was like.. is this a joke? Only 6 or 7 houses.. yes, beautiful but we have that kind of houses in my neighborhood... I mean, it's great... But it's not amazing... I thought that was gonna be better... And again, was so cold! Hahaha... weird right? :P




And the end of the post will be my trip so SACRAMENTO! :D



I went this weekend to Sacramento with Ana Sofia, Sara and Ann-Christin to Sacramento. We wanted to go to LA or Seattle but the flights were so expensive, so we'll go maybe in November, we have to book it with more time.
For Sacramento we wanted to rent a car but was more expensive and I wanted to drive.. but I could't rent it because I'm 20! (damn...) So we went by bus and was $30 roundtrip! And the hotel was $30/person. So cheap! :D
So we took the bus at 6.30 am on Saturday, and arrive to Sacramento around 9.30.



On saturday we had a super American breakfast in a place of 78 years old! So little but so yummy!!! :D We also went to Old Sacramento. This is the typical West city, that one that you see in the West movies! :D Was amazing! And.. was so HOT!!!!!! :D We were wearing sandals, shorts and sleveless shirts!!! Was like 35ºC! :D I was feeling like home! haha :P


(Super Pancakes! I always prefer them with Nutella/Nocilla! I dont like the mapple syrop so much..)

In Old Sacramento we spent around 3 hours. Walking in the streets and wacthing a little show.. Was so nice! I thought that Sacramento was gonna be boring, but was so great! :D Overcoat for the people who I went with! :D
I don't have to much to say, only that it's a charming place what worth to see it! :D



We spent almost all the Sunday with shopping! XD hahaha We found a store with shoes 2x1! I bought 1boots and 1 sandals for $15!! :D And I also bought a nike sneakers/boots for my nephew for $20 (before were $40).
We also went to Victoria's Secret and I bought a "Pink" shorts for $10! :)
We had lunch at Johnny's Rocket (or something like that). Was the same restaurant where I eat in the mall in New Jersey! YUMMY! :D



After that we went to the Capitol. It is AMAZING. So white.. so big.. Spectacular! We only saw it outside because we didn't have time.. but it's gorgeous.





Then to take the bus we almost had to run because we were late late! hahaha xD But we arrive in time! The bus departed at 5.30pm and we arrive at San Francisco around 8..
And bye bye shorts and hot, hello sweater and cold.


(Bay bridge)


Hope you enjoyed this big one! xD I'm so sorry for the waiting! I'll try to uploaded more often! :D


Love youuuu <3



P.S. Take care of the weight... I won like 3 or 4 kg since I'm here... And I'm here for 5 weeks! :( Today I signed up in the GYM so it's ok! hahahah xD

No comments:

Post a Comment